Collectibles Unlimited is hosting the M10 Launch Party
Play with the new cards as soon as they’re available!
Take home an exclusive promo card!
Get to know your Magic community by playing at a local store!
Meet new players in your area!
Start your sanctioned playing career now!
Launch Parties provide a venue for you to buy the new release of Magic cards as soon as they’re available and play right away with other players in your local area. Run in local game and hobby stores around the world the weekend the new set is available in stores, Launch Parties are low-key introductions to the cards and a great way to meet new players.
Formats are varied at Launch Parties, including Sealed Deck and Booster Draft. In Sealed Deck, you build your deck out of a set number of cards given to you at the start of the event. A Booster Draft involves selecting cards from a larger pool of players, usually eight, and then building your deck out of the cards you draft.
Launch Parties are held at local retail stores the first weekend a new card set is available for purchase. The events usually consist of 15-30 players at each location.
Unique prizes created just for this Launch Party are awarded to top players. Special commemorative foil cards and are given to each participant while supplies last. Additional prizes may be awarded at the discretion of the event organizers.
Contact the store for details.
Join the party!
Magic 2010 Launch Parties are a great way to experience and celebrate the release of the latest Magic: The Gathering set! Play, trade, spend time with friends and win cool prizes! All participants receive an Ant Queen exclusive Launch Party promo card (while supplies last).
Launch Party Main Event Tournament Format & Structure
- Magic 2010 Launch Party main event tournaments may be run using either Sealed Deck or Booster Draft format. For Sealed Deck main event tournaments, each player receives 6 Magic 2010 booster packs to build a deck. For Booster Draft main event tournaments, each player receives 3 Magic 2010 booster packs.
- Launch Party main event tournaments are run using Swiss rounds, with a minimum of four rounds per event. (Tournaments with only 8 players may run three rounds.)
- Some main event tournaments may be run using a modified Swiss-style structure and/or single-elimination rounds. Contact your local Launch Party organizer for specific details.
Launch Party Main Event Tournament Prizes
- Each participant will receive 1 Ant Queen promo card (while supplies last).
- Additional prizes such as Magic 2010 booster packs may also be awarded.
- Contact your local Launch Party organizer for specific entry fee, prize payout and event information.
Launch Party Public Events
In addition to the main Launch Party tournament, some locations may offer Open Dueling, Team, Booster Draft and/or League public events.
Open Dueling — Open Dueling is a casual format primarily for players not participating in the main Launch Party tournament. Open Dueling players receive 1 Magic 2010 Intro Pack chosen at random, 1 Open Dueling Results Card, and 1 Ant Queen promo card (while supplies last). Open Dueling players play against other Open Dueling participants as well as Launch Party tournament players who are between matches. (Tournament players are encouraged to help Open Dueling and new players learn how to play Magic.) After an Open Dueling participant has played five matches, upon confirmation of the result by the event organizer that player will receive one complimentary booster pack provided by the organizer as a prize.
Booster Draft — Players participating in a booster draft tournament should each receive the same mix of three booster packs. The recommended mix for Launch Party booster drafts is 3 Magic 2010 booster packs. Other combinations are allowable as long as each player uses the same number and type of booster packs.